Transfemoral, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) – Procedure illustration
Medical illustration depicting the transfemoral insertion and deployment of Transcatheter aortic valve, which is an alternative technique for open aortic valve replacement.
1. Catheter inserted through the Femoral artery,
2. A special wire is used to carry the system up to the heart and directly into your aortic valve,
3. The stenotic aortic valve is expanded using a balloon,
4. Deflated valve brought in,
5. Artificial valve deployed,
6. Artificial valve in position.
Low res for iPad and Online use: 1200x996px, 72DPI, 553Kb: $AUS 500
High Res for prints: 25×20.74cm, 300DPI, 21.9Mb: $AUS 750
(plus GST in Australia)